Sunday, January 9, 2022

The Not-so-hostile Takeover

[They call it cat rag. I don't know about cat, but we can agree on rag.]

Ruru the Cat here.  That kitten has taken over my house.  You'd think there were 25 of them.  She has the humans wrapped around her little paws.  It's hard for me to get attention anymore, and it bugs me.  I used to sneak into their room in the morning and get all the attention, but the kitten will get in there, too.  I try to stand guard and growl, but she sneaks around.

[She won't even let him sleep.]

Granted, she also keeps the annoying puppy busy.  That's nice.  It means he's not bugging me.  Granted, the dogs also let her steal their food that should be mine.  

[My dumb brother is just not picky about the company he keeps.]

She also will snuggle and play with the bigger black cats, but they have no taste.  Maya, at least, will hiss or growl at her if she gets too close.  Then again, she does that with everybody. 

[My person giving her my love.]

My person even lets her in her room sometimes with the other kittens who have taken over my room.  She has my person wrapped, too.  

[That thing in my face.]

Varya: Hi hi hi!  I'm the kitten.  I like Ru.  She's amazing. And I like dogs and cats 'cuz they're fun. And I'll tear you apart for bread and meat and cheese and chips and popcorn but not yogurt!  Love me, cuz I wanna be your best friend!  

[Here she is, even stealing my secret hidey-hole.  At least she knows a good thing when she sees it,]

Ru:  Well, I agree with some of that.  You're not all bad.  It's a good thing I like you, too, or I'd have to throw you into the snow.  

Varya: Snow?  What's that? 

Ru: Mess with me, and you'll learn.  Welcome to the family, kid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment