Monday, January 17, 2022

A Few of My Favorite Things

[The tiny elephant in the room I'm ignoring.]

Ruru the Cat here.  I'm done complaining about that annoying kitten.  There's nothing I can do about the fact that my people are absolute cat addicts and just don't know how to worship only the most important one, me.  I mean, if they knew how to worship me properly, they definitely wouldn't think they needed other cats or dogs.  They'd still give me their food but without the annoyance of the actual dogs or other cats.  

[Everybody is my buddy!]

Varya: I like dogs and cats! Except the grouchy old lady. 

[One of those dumb fake mice]

Ruru: Ignoring that. Except you're right about Maya. Anyway, so, I decided to be super positive this time.  Mostly because Toothless keeps teasing me about my justifiable complaints.  I'm going to talk about all the things I love.  Like chasing mice. Not the toys like stupid Megachonk, aka Dude, likes so much he can't get enough of chasing them around then acts like he doesn't when someone looks at him.  Not those.  REAL mice.  They're amazing. 

[My first real mouse!]

Varya: I like mice, too.  Someone handed me one this week!  It was great! 

Ruru: This is my blog about me, not you.  I'm trying to be all chipper and stuff, so you stay out of it.  Besides, you only ever played with a pre-dead one. That's as much your mouse as silly Wren's when it was ATTACHED to the trap. You don't know real mice.  I also like dog food and Meow Mix, not just any old kibble.  The stuff in the yellow bag.  

Varya:  I like that stuff, too!  And I'll claw the crap out of anyone who holds chicken and bread and other yummies from me!

[Me ignoring the thing that steals my food.]

Ruru:  Hey, that's my line!  And my bread!  And my chicken.  And my blog.  Who are you kidding?  You'll eat anything like a piranha in fur.  

[My cat tree!]

Varya: And I like the cat tree!  It's so great!  

Ruru:  That's MY cat tree!  It's my safe space to chase my tail and hide from Maya.  It's not YOUR cat tree.  And this is not YOUR blog, so can you stop already? 

[My spot!]

Varya: And I really like the underwear drawer and the people's bedroom.  They're both so great and so comfy and safe! 

Ruru:  But they were mine first!  Seriously, kid, I thought I liked you.  This was my house first.  Mine.  The people here are just borrowing it from me.  Seriously.  

Varya:  This blogging stuff is fun.  When can we do it again? 

Ruru: ARGH! 

No comments:

Post a Comment