Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Chest Burster

[Good riddance, annoying little beasties.]

 Ruru the Cat here.  I was going to tell you all about how wonderful it is to have my house to myself again.  Sort of.  Anyway, the kittens are gone. The people packed them up and hauled them off.  Said something about another foster home, whatever that means.  Dunno where, but it's much quieter around here, which is all that's important.  There are still seven of us, WAAAY too many cats when I'm all the awesomeness you need. And with me around, I don't see the point of the dogs.  So I was set to tell you about how nice upon the ears and the nose that those kittens are gone, but Beanie insists that he has to tell you about something he did.  As if that could possibly be more important than what I have to say.  Anyway, he won't leave me alone until I let him have it, so here he is.  Try not to die of boredom. 

[This is me!]

Hi hi hi!  I'm Bean!  Also called Beanie or Mr. Bean or Beanie Boo or I forget what, but I'm an amazing Pomeranian! Everyone should be a Pomeranian like me, 'cuz it's amazing!  I jump all over the place with all my energy and play with my doggie mama and my buddy, Wren the kitten, and my person and all the people who will play with me! My favorite spot in the world is my person mommy's shoulder.  

[Good grief. I'm secretly rolling my eyes.]

Ru: Yes, we got all that, though no one really wants to be a dog, let alone a lint-on-a-leash hairball like you. What were you so excited to talk about RIGHT NOW that you had to steal my blog? And can you cool it with the exclamation points?

[Me, figuring out this Halloween stuff!]

Bean: Right!  Everybody wants to hear about my Halloween adventure!  When my person mommy puts on her shoes, I know she's gonna take me on a walk, every time!  Except she doesn't!  Sometimes, she makes me stay home!  And I am so SAD!  This time, I jumped on her shoulder, and she forgot to take me off!  So she let me come!  We drove up a little ways to houses, my person, her mate, and her human boy. They joined my favorite neighbors, so I got all excited and jumped all over them! Everybody was wearing weird stuff, like weird hats and coverings for their body that I've never seen before!  

[I can smell him. There's a human under that plastic mask.]

Ru: Those are called Halloween costumes, and everybody kept saying how they were going trick-or-treating, whatever that meant.  None of it makes any sense to me, but I did hear about them. 

[Watch me burst out of Mommy's jacket.]

Bean: Best of all, my person took me everywhere!  It was amazing!  I got to ride in my person's jacket!  I got to meet some people who petted me and didn't steal me away from my person or anything! And they took us to this place with lots of people and gave me bits of meat.  It was GREAT!

[Nothing scary or interesting about Halloween or Halloween cats. Except Maya. She's terrifying.]

Ru: So you burst out of her chest and ate meat.  Okay, that part sounds okay.  It's the rest of it, like going outside, that wouldn't work for me.  And people. Especially people.  I don't understand the appeal of this dumb holiday. I mean, I hear it glorifies black cats. I get stuck with black cats all day, every day. There's nothing special about them because they're not me.  Then again, I don't understand the appeal of dogs, either, so I guess that mess called Halloween and dogs belong together. 






No comments:

Post a Comment