Sunday, November 21, 2021

Tunnel Vision


[The old tunnel-not my thing.]

Ruru the Cat here.  So we had this tunnel for a while that was super popular around here, with cats fighting over it and through it and bouncing in and out of it.  I really don't get the charm because I have my tree.  Others fight me for my cat tree, but it's really mine.  I have to sometimes remind upstarts like Wren or Phoenix that it's my spot, but it really is.  I will beat anyone that thinks otherwise.  

[Not my thing.]

But the original, white one disappeared.  Now, we have this bigger one with three sides, and the humans had to put catnip in it to get cats to start playing with it.  If anything, it's even less interesting than the other one.  The other cats do play with it, but that's their problem.  I'd much rather sit on my tree because it gives me a chance to smell those turkey smells from the oven with no interference.  The one thing that did make it interesting, a dangly thing, at one end got yanked off, hauled away, and killed.  I just don't get the charm.  

[Finally. Something worth leaving this perch for.]

But I've heard rumors of something better still coming next week, my jungle gym, that green, tree-looking thing that shows up once a year.  It gets dangly baubles on it we can kill.  It gets paper-covered stuff under it we can shred. That's the stuff I look forward to.  I'd even leave my cat tree for it.  Those kittens better not get to it first.  It's mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment