Sunday, November 7, 2021

Scary Smells

[Me]

Phoenix: Hi. I'm not Ru. Ru the Cat is lots and lots bigger than me. And she's kinda scary 'cuz she's sometimes mean.  She said I could talk her 'cuz she said "don't wanna." This week, a scary thing happened. My people put me in a box that smelled like dogs then into a bigger, louder, smellier box. I didn't understand. My person tried to hold me, but the smaller box felt safer.  

[Fine. Wake me up.]

Ru here.  Fine.  Make me write. Yeah, you should be scared. I'm bigger and meaner and gonna stay that way. You just stay small so at least someone stays smaller than me. What she means is she was put in one of the dog carriers and put in a car.  Yeah, that sucks.  Hate it when that happens.  Feel all sorts of betrayed. It's all because humans don't get we cats rule the world. Okay, squirt, go for it. 

[Big, scary building-source]

Phoenix:  Then, they took me into a bigger, scarier, smeller building, kind of like my house but scary.  They poked something into me, and I went to sleep. When I woke up, I was groggy and didn't feel very good.  But there were smells and sounds that made me growl 'cuz it was so scary.  



[This is not a happy face.]

Ru: Yeah, I'm sure those animals at the vet were terrified of your sad, sorry little growl. We all go through that. We go to sleep feeling fine, like we're whole and everything and wake up missing some part of us, like we're broken.  I don't get how they call that "getting fixed."  We were FINE before. We weren't broken at all.  What are they fixing, anyway?  Humans are weird. 

[I'd rather be drenched and at home than suffer this again]

Phoenix:  I was just so happy to see my person's daddy.  Then, I was excited to go into that little smelly box and the big, smelly, loud box with wheels 'cuz it meant I was one step closer to home.  I came out, and there were my people, waiting for me. My person. And she held me, and nothing else mattered. I was so happy to be home. 

Ru: My person. She was mine first.  I guess it's okay you're back. Our person was so sad without you.  I guess you can stay. But only if you stay smaller than me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment