Monday, November 15, 2021

All Hail the "Great" Hunter

[Wren's oh-so-glorious mouse and how little I think of it.]

Ru the Cat here.  So a certain lame puffball who likes to call himself a cat has become insufferable.  He's been bragging non-stop since he actually caught his first mouse.  Seriously.  I've been mousing since long before he was born. 

Wren: That just makes you old.  Yes, I did catch a mouse. Not just one but TWO, mice, two nights in a row 'cuz I'm amazing like that.  

[Yeah, it was dead before he stole it.  So heroic.]

Ru: Uh huh.  You didn't mention the first time you "caught" a mouse.  My kitten, Paige, caught the tiny thing first and put it in a dish. Then you stole it, chewed on it, and lost it. It was still alive. 

Wren: To be fair, I didn't know it was real.  Had to test it. 

Ru: Yeah, right. Well, what about the time you stole the dead mouse from Dude just to show that you were such a great mouser?  

Wren: I AM such a great mouser.  Two in a row.  So there.  

[Look at that boy, so proud of his catch.]

Ru: And then, you "caught" that one mouse. 

Wren: I didn't take that one from another cat, so I caught it fair and square. 

[And here's the rest of the story.]

Ru: Yeah. But it had already been caught. By a mousetrap. Such a genius hunter. So smooth. HAHAHA!

Wren: I don't see you catching mice. 

[My second kitten, showing how mousing is done.  I claimed her, but I did NOT claim Wren.]

Ru: That's because I catch them before you notice me.  That's how good I am. I caught that one just to prove it could be done.  Heck, even Little One-Eyed Wonder with her goofy nose that can't smell right caught one before you did  HA! 

Wren:  Two.  In a row. 

Ru:  Which Dude then stole from you.  'Cuz you stole his. Karma's not your friend. And don't get me started on the one you threw on that person, who then had to take care of it for you.  

[A dead mouse can outsmart Wren.]

Wren: Shut up.  My enthusiasm got the better of me. 

Ru: So did the mice. And the real hunters around you.  Maybe I should let you stick around here.  I can always use a good laugh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment