Sunday, November 1, 2020

Where's my mommy?

 

[Happy Cali with her person]

Ruru the Cat here.  So for what felt like forever, we had this big, smelly, farty dog here.  Her name was Cali.  I was not her biggest fan.  She liked cats maybe a little too much.  She'd snurfle our litter boxes for treats and would steal our extra food and had the gall to eat her own dog food.  The nerve. I'm supposed to be able to steal that.  She moved into our basement with her person and made it hard to hide away.  She wanted to snuggle or play with us.  She was, you know, a DOG.  And she's thankfully been gone a year with only one brief visit between.  Anyway, I got an email from her recently, and I'm not sure how to respond: 

[Cali unhappy because she's being held by the wrong person-My person]

Deer cat and dog frends,

My momy is gone.  I dunno where.  She was heer and acting sik.  I was sad.  But then peeple I did'nt no came in a took her away with lowd noyses and flashing lites.  And she's gone.  She has'nt come bak.  Do you kno where she went?  

Luv, 

Cali.  

[Poor Cali.  Sad and alone.]

Ruru again.  Wow, that's a sad letter.  Sad because Cali doesn't know how to spell and sadder because I think I know the answer.   I don't have the heart to tell her I heard her "Mommy" got really sick, went to the hospital, and died.  It's something called a panda demic or something.  Ir's all anyone can talk about, though I don't get what it is.  All I know is it's bad.  My people were boohooing about her person a while ago.  It made me sad, too.  Cali's mommy was nice to all of us.  Sorry, Cali.  Not sure what to say except I think it's time to take another nap and hope all of this goes away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment