Sunday, October 25, 2020

Mr. MeowMeow Triumphant

 

[The things floating near the ceiling.]

Ruru the Cat here.  Last week's blog depressed me so much I forgot to post it.  This is this week's blog.  Once again, there was a loss, but it actually made me laugh.  All week long, silly Mr. MeowMeow has been eyeing this silver thing that floats near the ceiling.  I think they call it a balloon.  I've only ever seen one a couple of times.  

[He's stalking the balloon but not letting me play]

He kept playing with the string attached, even eating pieces.  He'd let Paige play with it a little, he wouldn't let anybody else touch it.  He wanted to be the one to kill it.  It didn't interest me much, but it made me laugh watching him stalk it because it was all the way up there.  Cats like high up places, but this was ridiculous.  

[Not long before he got it.]

Well, all week, he'd try to get it closer.  He'd climb up higher to get closer to it.  Finally, he got it, and it made this loud pop and then a whooshing sound.  He about jumped out of his skin.  He ran for the hills.  It was hilarious.  I've rarely seen anything that funny.  

[Prey in front of predator.  Not a mouse.]

Then, he and Paige came out and started patting at it to make sure it wouldn't pop anymore.  I was curious, too, but not curious enough to start a fight.  they spent the rest of the day playing with it like it was some kind of dead mouse.  Of course, it wasn't really a dead mouse, or I would have stolen it and killed it some more.  As it was, he looked so triumphant.  I'll have to tell him later he didn't kill anything.  It was never alive.  Silly non-mouser.  One of these days, I'll have to teach him how to really hunt.  But not today.  Today, I'm taking a nap.  



No comments:

Post a Comment