Saturday, October 3, 2020

Water Water Everywhere

[Me and my kitten]

Ruru the Cat here.  So since I finally have a houseful of cats who like me (okay,  Toothless, all cats except Maya.  But no one pays attention to her, anyway), I thought I could get everyone's opinion on how to properly drink water.  I figured if I do this, I can actually get the right opinion.  Now, I remind everyone here to give me your full and honest opinion, as long as it's the right one.  What kind of water drinking is best?  

[my silly brother in the sink]

Toothless:  Water dripping out of the tap is the only way to drink water.  Except when I can steal from my person's water cup.  But mostly, it's all about sitting in the sink and waiting for the humans to get a clue.  I don't care if I get wet as long as I get my water.  Water sitting there in a bowl?  Not for me.  

Me:  Seriously?  Are you really my brother?  Nope, that's not right.  Cats DON'T get wet. 

Maya:  I don't care.  I'll take whatever water I can get.  If it's water in a dish, I'll take it.  

Me:  Not even.  What is wrong with you?  Right.  You don't like me.  Shows a total lack of taste.  

[My icky little boy kitty sticking out of the toilet.]

Mr. MeowMeow:  It's all about that toilet water.  I'll take other kinds of water, but the toilet water is constantly refreshed and has interesting flavors.  

Ruru:  Just ew.  What are you?  A dog?  I thought I liked you.  I'm going to go lick myself now.  


[My kitten sticking out of the cats' water dish, but she'll take the dogs' as easily.]

Paige:  i like the dog dishes.  they're clean and easy to reach.  i like the dogs.  they're my friends.  they let me drink most of the time.  sometimes, they bark at me and chase me away.  mostly, it works.  if not, i'll take the cats' water.  

Me:  Whoa, playing with fire, little one.  One of these days, you'll figure out how to capitalize.  And that you can do better than dog water.  And better still than cats' water that's been just sitting around.  

[Me, seeking the dregs of person soup.]

Man, I was sure my little proteges or my brother or somebody would have this figured out.  No, the best kind of water is in the bathtub, a warm bathtub with a person inside.  It's called person soup.  There's nothing better than that warm, yummy water.  

Paige:  that sounds yucky.  

Ruru:  Hush, child.  You'll understand when you're older.  

Maya:  I'm much older, and I still don't get it.  

Ruru:  Much MUCH older  I guess you can get old without getting it.  People soup.  Try it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment