Monday, September 27, 2021

Fun (or not) with Mice

[My favorite kind of toy: source]

Ruru the Cat here.  So about a while ago, I found me a mouse. It was a chunky little toy.  I was so proud of myself.  I was going to spend all afternoon bonding with it, showing off to all the other cats exactly how awesome I am.  Except then, I looked away for just a second.  I forget why.  And suddenly, that big ol' brat, Dude stole it.  He gets all the fun.  

[My kitten-she used to be a quarter my size, but now, she's bigger than me.]

Meanwhile, I hear my kitten, who isn't so tiny anymore, nabbed a little bitty mouse about the size of her mouse toys upstairs.  Who knew she had it in her?  I hear she stuck it in her food dish just to teach the tiny thing where mice belong.  Amazing. Except, then, she lost it to Wren and the itty bitty kitten.  He had it nearly wiped off the map when he lost it in some clothing. The human mom had to deal with it. Seriously?  Cat fail. I could've done better.

[The mousetrap: An insult to cats everywhere-source]

Then, today, the dad found a mouse and tried to send me after it. But he didn't make it clear what I was supposed to be doing, so it got away.  He set a wooden trap.  A wooden trap?  What an insult.  Just because I missed one mouse once.  Just to show how he's soooo much better than me, Dude meanwhile caught a little bitty one.  Really?  And he didn't even share.  Mice around here are supposed to be mine.  But nobody acknowledges my awesome self or that I'm queen of mice and house.  It's just not fair.     

No comments:

Post a Comment