Sunday, April 4, 2021

Have a Ball

 

[Something about eyes]

Ruru the Cat here.  So check it.  My person has started doing weird things.  I didn't give her permission, so I can't imagine what it's about.  She stares at books with weird things over her eyes and all sorts of crazy things.  They call it eye therapy and says it has something to do with headaches she gets when she reads.  Never had them.  Seems kind of made up to me.  None of it makes sense at all.  She can see me, pet me, and that's all she needs to be able to do as a bearer of human hands.  I can't imagine her eyes have anything to do with it.  Her eyes can't pet me.  

[The ball we all want to kill.]

Anyway, so they did a really cool thing.  Can't imagine how it relates to her eyes, but they hung a ball from the ceiling.  Then, she's supposed to bat it around.  Now, this is an activity that makes sense to a cat.  We can bat balls around.  And we want to, too.  The problem is it's too high.  We can't reach it.  If you are going to leave a dangling ball around, make it so cats can kill it.  It looks like the soft foam kind of ball.  If we can reach it, we can kill it.  And, trust me, I want to kill it.  

[Dude wants it.]

Dude wants it more than I do.  He watches it all the time and jumps for it.  But none of us has gotten it yet.  

[Egg-shaped things that smell weird hidden throughout the house to be hunted and killed.]

I guess as a consolation prize, our people put little egg-shaped plastic things all over the house for us to kill last night. We didn't get to bat them around much before the kids came downstairs and disappeared them.  But at least we got the night to kill them.  It wasn't as exciting as killing that ball would be.  But I guess we'll take what we can get until humans figure out we're in charge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment