Sunday, March 28, 2021

I Like to Purr

 


[This is my kitten, Paige.]
Me: 
Ruru the Cat here.  Don't be thinking that title is about me.  I'll sometimes vibrate a little.  I make you work for hearing me purr because a cat's purr is, first and foremost, for the cat.  When I'm feeling down or in pain or you humans are causing me pain by stubbornly refusing to feed me 20 times a day, or I guess when I'm at peace with the universe, I'll vibrate a little.  But a loud purr is just not my thing.  However, my huge kitten is another matter.  She wanted to tell you all about it.  

[I like my kitten.  She's one of two cats I can actually stand.]

Paige: 

i like to hide.  i hide downstairs because there are too many people in the main part of the house.  there are too many animals.  i like it quiet.  i like peace.  i don't like chaos. i don't really like being stuck in my person's room for a long time.  it gets boring.  but at least i have a quiet place to hide under the bed. but my favorite time of day is when my person, my mommy, grabs me and holds me.  i purr and purr and purr as loudly as i can so she can know i love her.  i spread out on her and hug her and purr, and she pets me and pets me and pets me.  it's the happiest time of my life, way better than anything else.  other people can pet me.  i may purr for them.  but my favorite thing is to be held by my mommy.  

[Except when she takes my spot. And my person.]

Me: 

Kiss up much?  That may explain why she seems to keep you in there a lot longer than me.  It may also be because I escape as quickly as I can.  I know I don't have to be stuck in there if I don't want to be.  But just remember, little one, that she was MY person first.  I don't have to purr loudly or hug her or anything to know she's mine.  I claimed her, so she's mine.  Always remember that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment