Monday, March 15, 2021

No! Not Again!

[I'm gonna level with you. It's my house.]

Ruru the Cat here.  I consider myself a patient(ish) cat.  I tolerate humans thinking they're the center of the world when it's obvious cats are.  Specifically, me.  I let them keep their dogs, even the little, annoying one.  I let the other cats in the house live, in spite of the temptation to find a way to eliminate them.  Cuz I'm awesome like that.  

[A portrait of evil.  Watch me ignore him.]

The one thing I WILL NOT tolerate is younglings, not human or dog or especially cats.  I mean, it's my house.  I claimed it.  I marked it with my face.  It's mine.  And I blog about that a lot, just to remind you.  So when my person came in smelling like kitten, I started to get nervous and think through all the babies of every sort people keeping bringing over here.  

[See?  I can tolerate them. But once they get in, they don't always leave. And then, they take over.]

I tolerated a whole pile of kittens last year, and two of them weren't even kicked out the door.  My people kept them without my permission.  So I claimed one of them because she was less of a pain than the others, but now she's taken over my spot most days in my person's room.  My room.  

[And don't forget the puppies I let live.  THREE of them.  But only one stayed. Still one too many.]

Plus, my people brought in THREE puppies.   One of which didn't leave.  Seriously.  I'm a martyr.  Not kidding.  

[My person playing with fire AGAIN.]

But now, not only did my person show up smelling like kittens, but I've seen pictures.  ACTUAL pictures of my person playing with kittens. Like new ones, not the ones I tolerated last year.  No.  Just No.  I've had enough kittens to last a liftime.  In spite of the hype, there's nothing cute about kittens.  Except mine.  She's sort of grown on me.  But no more.  My house.  My rules.  Mine.                                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment