Sunday, January 24, 2021

My Baby's Huge

 

[Note me making the mistake of not killing her and her HUGE, clueless eyes]

Ruru the Cat here.  So when my person brought me a kitten, I didn't kill it.  You're welcome.  I hate kittens.  But when I hissed at this little puffball and tried to swat at her, she just blinked at me with her big, blue eyes.  She didn't seem to know how to cat, which means give as good as you get and kill the opponent.  I couldn't kill her, even though she was a kitten, the enemy.  She didn't even attack my tail or anything.  There was just no hostility in this little thing. So I let her live.  

[Here she is, begging for my cheese--but this is when she was still shorter.]

Now, I wonder if I made the right choice 'cuz she's bigger than me and now knows how to defend herself.  That makes her a CAT.  We've already got enough cats around here.  I mean, there's me, and who would need any others?  Okay, so there are also three black cats so identical, the humans had to put a collar on one of them to tell them apart, and Bean now attacks all of them as if unsure which is which.  His best buddy is one of them, and he's confused about which one will play with him, which will ignore him as if he's a particular obnoxious puff of air, and which will hiss to remind him he's a dog and, therefore, Satan. Heck, I'm not sure which of these he is.  Depends on the day. 

 

[Look at her--she's bigger than me! And looking wayyyy too comfy.]

What was I talking about?  Right.  My kitten.  She still gives me that blank look, so when I go to attack her and remind her this is my house, she just purrs or gives me that blank look.  I can't do it.  I can't. So I go to kill her and end up licking her or snuggling her.  At the very least, I leave her alone as if this is her house, too.  What's wrong with me? I must be slipping.  



No comments:

Post a Comment