Sunday, December 13, 2020

The Nightmare Two Weeks Before Christmas

[This reindeer hat does not make me happy]

Ruru the Cat here.  So, my whiny brother thinks he needs my blog today.  I already HAD a Halloween kitty hijack my blog last week.  Sorta.  Do I have to?  I mean, I was going to tell you all about how my person made me suffer by putting a reindeer hat on me.  It was TERRIBLE.  It HAS to be worse than whatever Chonk Boy has to tell you.  Okay, fine.  Here's my annoying brother.  

[This door is what it felt like to be locked in--source]

I'm Toothless aka My Boy aka Chonk.  (Okay, that last one hurts a little.  Or it would if I cared what people or certain rude cats call me.)  So we were minding our own business when my person started locking cats away for hours at a time.  

Ru: Yeah, that part sucked. For all of us.  I think they wanted to see our pee.  The mom seemed particularly interested in the litter box.  All I can say is humans are weird. 

[I tolerate my brother, but there's a limit.]

Toothless:   Maybe it's because I was peeing blood.  It hurt, but I don't see how that would matter to people or why I should be imprisoned not ONE but TWO nights in the bathroom.  At least one of them, Ru was in there with me, so I wasn't totally alone.  

Ru: Being stuck in a room with just my brother for companionship.  Oh, joy.  Oh, rapture.  

[How a cat should be treated.]

Toothless:  Thanks.  You're no party, either.  Anyway, so then, it got worse.  I knew something bad would happen if I peed in that box they left for me both nights, so I didn't.  They hauled me off, anyway, in a locked little box and took me in this loud, smelly machine I've never been in somewhere that smelled like a lot of other animals.  Some human I'd never seen before and hope to never see again poked and prodded me in all sorts of unpleasant ways.  

Ru:  Yeah, that's called a vet.  I don't recommend them.  They don't respect boundaries.  And they don't seem to recognize cats rule the world. 

[The comfort I did NOT get that night.]

Toothless:  Then, my person left me.  LEFT me!  I'm supposed to walk away from her, not the other way around.  I was stuck in a cage ALL NIGHT LONG with just a box, some water, and some kibble.  Even though I cried out and tried to explain I didn't belong in a cage, they didn't let me free.  Finally, hours and hours and hours after humans came back and started wandering around, they brought me back (in another stinking cage--smelled like dog) to my person.  She didn't let free me right away.  She stuck me back in that loud, smelly machine again.  

Ru:  Oh, you mean a car?  Yeah, I hate 'em, too.  

[How I see that nasty medicine stuff.  Source]

Toothless:  I finally got home.  I felt much better except the peeing blood part.  Anyway, so now, my person tried to feed me food that smelled a little gross.  Then, she started sneaking up on me when I sleep or when I'm sitting happily on her and then, she'll shove this nasty, sticky liquid in my mouth.  It's positively disgusting.  

Ru:  Yeah, that's medicine.  Just close your mouth hard.  

Toothless:  I've tried that.  Doesn't work.  She even gets her mate to help.  It's just brutal.  If some human tries to get you to pee in a box, just run.  Not kidding.  Run.  

[Let me remind you what real suffering looks like.] 

Ru:  Oh, well, better you than me.  But it is funny to watch you trying to shake that taste out of your mouth.  Yeah, I told you the hat was worse.  Way, way worse.  Hey, quit rolling your eyes at me.  I didn't know cats could roll their eyes.  Brothers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment