Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Toddlergeddon: Crisis Averted

[Don't make me look]

Ruru the Cat here.  We came that close to a repeat of toddlergeddon, where our house is descended upon by an army of toddlers, playing in my dog food, chasing and slapping cats, and generally making mayhem.  You really don't want to see it.  It's ugly.  Nightmarish.  

[Humans with packages.  Never a good sign.  Source]

First, various adult humans showed up with brightly-colored packages.  I was getting nervous because too many humans are too many.  They're loud and get in your space.  Adult types are not as bad as the little ones.  But one of them was the human who always comes with toddlers in tow.  AND one of them showed up to play with toys and chase us out of our peaceful living room.  I felt all my hair standing on end. 

[Pom family reunion]

But then, the little one came...and left.  They left their annoying, yippy, energetic dog that looks a lot like our dogs and smells familiar.  I think she used to live here, but I was so worried that the human little ones were coming, that I didn't mind.  My humans left, too, to something they called a "family Christmas party."  When they spoke of it, I was sure it was going to be here with toddlers and everything.  I was sure my house would be destroyed and left with nasty human smells.  But only a few came and left.  And the house was quiet.  It was a storm dodged.  As long as they didn't come here, that's what's important.  Because no Christmas is happier than one without people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment