Sunday, December 6, 2020

He Stole My Gym!

 

[MY tree-type thing]

Ruru the Cat here.  Every year, I get all excited when my people trot out that green thing that looks like a tree but doesn't smell right to be something natural.  It's plastic and fake, but it's so fascinating to all of us.  I made sure to climb that thing first thing, so everyone knows it's mine.  That worked for one of the evil cats last year.  She claimed it and chased all of us away.  But this year, I decided it was and always would be mine.  

[My sparklies!]

Then, they started putting those shiny danglies and sparkles and lights everywhere on it.  My heart thrilled with each one as I imagined killing it.  I pictured swatting it 'til it hit the ground and shattered.  I yearned for the moment that the humans would go to sleep, and that jungle gym would be all mine.  

[The upstart wants to usurp my jungle gym]

But then, those upstart kittens jumped on it and through it.  The thing shook so hard that I was sure we were having an earthquake.  I slunk back over and waited on the boring old cat tree for the shaking and shattering and swatting that should have been mine to end.  But it never ends.  He totally claimed my jungle gym.  But I got to it first.  And I'm the big sister.  They're just kittens.                                                                                     

[I'll pretend I don't notice her there.  all mine]

So I claimed that cat tree harder than ever to make sure no one gets it.  It's not the jungle gym I wanted, but at least I got a tree.  And it's mine.  Stop looking at it.  Mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment