Sunday, July 5, 2020

Dodger and Bean's (and Snow and Cinnamon's) Great Adventure


[Does this look like a yellow rock to you?  Looks like a mess.]

Ruru the Cat here.  My people weren't around to let me on the computer when I wanted to post this last week.  Seriously.  Human slackers make us cats look bad.

[My person holding the wrong cat]

 I'm not sure why this would be interesting to anyone.  I mean, four dogs go on a trip to see that Yellowstone.  Big whoop.  My people won't take me, but they'll take the dogs.  And the dogs are willing to go.  I seriously don't know why my people drop everything every year (especially me) to look at a rock that is yellow.  Doesn't make any sense.  It can't be that good, or they'd show the beings worth taking, namely, the cats.  It was pretty awesome that I had a quiet house with not a single dog, but I wish they'd taken Mr. MeowMeow, that annoying kitten.  Bean just won't shut up until I let him tell you all about it.  

[Me ready for my exciting trip]

Bean here.  I'm a big boy puppy.  The trip was so AWESOME!  It wasn't some yellow rock.  It was a really cool place that had smells of every description.  I missed my buddy, Mr. MeowMeow, the funny looking puppy.  I'm not sure why we couldn't take him.  We got to hang out around a campfire.  I got to see big blasts of water go straight up into the air.  I smelled rotten eggs, which wasn't cool, but it was great to be around my people and to go for a long ride.  I smelled lots of animals and barked at anything that could endanger my person.  She let me ride her shoulder around everywhere, especially around the campfire where there was meat.  Yummy meat.  So cool. 


[This should be my spot, not hers.]

Only thing that would have been cooler is if my person took me in that doggy backpack instead of my baby sister.  Oh, speaking of my baby sister.  

[Everybody took turns with me.  It was great.]

I'm Cinnamon Bear.  I'm the little puppy.  My people took me to a big place with lots of smells and colors, like my great big brother said.  It was a little scary because I've never been out of my house before.  I saw lots of rocks, but I don't know colors very much.  I don't know if any of them was yellow.  All the little kids wanted to hold me and snuggle me.  I even got to play with their faces.  Like Bean said, they took me in their backpack all over the place.  I couldn't see out the window very well, but it looked like lots of water was dancing everywhere.  I missed my home, but I'm glad I got to go with my people. 

[Trips (and everything else) worry me]

I'm Snow, Bean's and Cinnamon's mom.  It was scary, all of it.  I was afraid my baby and my little boy would get lost or hurt.  The smells were strange, especially a bear that had been around the campsite.  Everything was strange.  One of the scariest parts was the water falling from the sky and hitting the tent.  I was so scared the whole time.  It didn't help that I just had some kind of surgery a little while before, so I wasn't feeling so good.  Someone said I was fixed, but I didn't feel broken.  I'm just glad we're home.  Never again.  

I'm Dodger, Snow's mate.  Wherever my person goes, I'm happy.  I was happy far away.  I'm happy now. 

[Okay, fine.  I'll let you live.]

Ru back, the only voice here worth listening to.  It all sounds like too much of a mess.  Backpacks?  Yellow stone?  Dancing water?  Nasty smells?  Cars?  Fires?  Rain?  The only thing that sounds good is the meat.  And they didn't even save any for me.  







No comments:

Post a Comment