Wednesday, July 29, 2020

A Thing Appeared in My House

[The puppy on the strange thing]

Ruru the Cat here.  I'm not sure what to make of this new structure in my house.  It's kind of cool to look at, but none of the cats here knows what it's for.  It's this tallish thinish housish looking thing made of carpet.  The humans keep putting us on it, as if we know what to do with it.  If it were a box or a Christmas tree, I could tell you.  But it's not.  It's a thing. A boring, stationary thing.  Here's what my kitten ... I mean, the little kitten says.  

[The kitten confused by the strange thing as it was getting built.]

i like it here.  it's big and safe, and i get food.  i kind of remember playing with my sisters.  i kind of remember running around behind a big house.  we were scared and got wet when it rained.  my mommy stopped feeding us one day, so we had to eat  cat food.  but i had to race my sisters for every bite.  i am safer and happier here.  i have a new mommy that's a person.  she loves me and takes care of me.  she snuggles me.  she feeds me.  i love my new mommy.  and i love my new brother.  i never had a brother before.  i like food.  i climb up people and tables and chairs to get food.  

[Maya even finds the thing confusing.]

Okay, little squirt, that's all well and good, but I don't see what any of this has to do with that big, new thing in my house, the thing that is in the way if I want to go upstairs.  What do you think of that new thing?  That's what we're talking about.  

[I guess we can let the kitten keep it.  Even if she doesn't understand it.]

i like ru.  she's nice.  she sometimes licks me and will let me sit on her chair with her, so we can ask for food.  i like cheese.  cheese is yummy.  

Well, little Paige, you just don't get it, do you? You said nice things to me, so I'll pretend you're not a dumb kitten.  Well, anyway, we don't have any idea what that big new thing is for.  Humans are strange, you know that?  Just give us a box, and we'll call it square.  


No comments:

Post a Comment