Sunday, July 19, 2020

Warm Fuzzy?



[I don't hate it.  Yet.]

Ruru the Cat here.  I don't know how to confess this.  It almost makes me break out in hives or, worse yet, feel almost human to say I don't hate the kitten.  There.  I've made my confession.  I'm not talking about the bigger one, the one we've had for just over a month.  No, he's just as evil and devilish as I'd expect a kitten to be, attacking anything that moves.

[It's as big as my hairballs.]

No, there's that other one, the one that looks like a hairball but with more, you know, HAIR.  Thing is tiny and doesn't say or do much most of time.  She does eat some of my lovely dog food but not all that much.  And she lets me eat her kitten food.  I get right up in her face, expecting to have to beat her down and show her who is boss.  But she just blinks at me with her huge, blank and clueless eyes.  I don't have the heart to kill her.  It's embarrassing, but I just can't do it. 

[Whoa.  Human, no touchy the other one.]

And my person loves her so much.  But, see, that's the problem.  This is MY person, not hers or anyone else's.  Here's what she has to say about all of this:

[This is me!]

Hi!  I'm Paige.  I'm cute.  Everyone tells me so.  My person likes me.  Everyone seems to like me.  The other cats like to fight Ru, but I think she's nice.  I like this place.  I think I'll stay.

[It's in my space.  IT'S IN MY SPACE.]
  
Oh, don't speak so fast, little one.  Just 'cuz I haven't killed you yet doesn't mean you can stay.  This is, after all, my space, my person.  I did not say I would share them forever.  But today, I'll let you live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment