Sunday, April 19, 2020

Traitor to Her Kind

[Traitor]

Ruru the Cat here.  I've been watching a development with growing concern.  I was hoping I was imagining something, but it's grown increasingly apparent that there is a traitor in our midst.  I didn't want to admit it, but it's true.  Sylvie likes the puppies.  Especially the bigger one named Angel.  There, I said it.  I know, I know.  It's shocking news.  A cat should never befriend dogs.

[I never did like kittens or puppies]

She has the good grace to ignore or push aside the bigger dogs for treats.  She doesn't even seem to be a big fan of Bean, the smaller, crazier one.  I worked hard to make him terrified of cats, and it's mostly worked.  But she'll actually play with Angel.  I may have mentioned this before, but I don't think I've given it the attention it deserves.

[Neither one of them even likes me.  Go figure.]

The two of them will stalk each other around and around furniture and then brawl and chew on each other like kittens.  It would be fun to watch if it weren't for the fact that these two creatures are the greatest threats to my peace and quiet, kittens and puppies.  She's a big kitten, but she's pretty clearly still a kitten.  Can I get someone to take them out of my house?  I like my peace and quiet.  It was lovely while it lasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment