Sunday, October 20, 2019

Bad Week to Have Four Legs

[Not a bad week.]

Ruru the Cat here.  I'm not saying my week was bad.  Not at all.  It was a great week.  I got to snuggle with my person a lot.   But I keep hearing whining all around me.


[sucks to be Snow]

Snow the Pomeranian: This week, my person LEFT me.  Like alone.  For a WHOLE DAY.  I was so ALONE.  Except for the dogs and cats and doctors and everybody.  But I was ALONE.  Without MY PERSON!!!  And they stuck me and pricked me like they did last week, even though I screamed as loudly as I could to stop it.  I guess I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up, my mouth felt funny and tasted like blood.  And most of my teeth were GONE!!!!  It was terrible! 

Ru: Yeah, quit whining.  At least you have a few teeth left, AND they gave you some soft, meaty food.  They didn't give me anything like that.  You see how I'm the real martyr here?

[Now, this would be Dodger with a reason to whine--the bath.]

Dodger the Pomeranian:  One day, they took my mate away.  She was just gone, and I was ALONE ALL DAY.  I missed her.  I felt so lost without her.  She came back not feeling good.  I was afraid I'd be next. 

Ru: See my answer above.  You BOTH got the soft, meaty food, and I didn't.  So it sucks to be me.

[George, the black kitten, and his obnoxious invader.]

George (the kitten next door, who lays claim to my people's cousins): My mommy went out and DIDN'T COME BACK!!!  Everyone started crying . I kept wanting to go out to find her, but no one would let me.  They said something like she died, got hit by a car.  What does that mean?  I don't even know.  But I was determined to go out and find her.  I kept trying, but for the first time in my life, no one would let me outside.  Then, they hauled me off to a scary place where they did something, so I went to sleep.  When I woke up, something was different, and I was in pain.  My people used the words "fix" and "neuter," but I don't understand those words, either.  I no sooner got home when I realized my mom had been replaced by another kitten, one who stole my place in my people's BED.  It's not fair!  My life was so beautiful before.  And now, everything has changed.  And I still don't know where mommy went.   

Ru:  Your mom died?  They stuck a strange kitten in your house who took your spot?  Put you to sleep and stole your body parts?  Yeah, not kidding sucks to be you.  I'd call you almost as big of a martyr as me because they didn't give you soft, meaty food, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment