Sunday, October 13, 2019

Person Soup

[inferior water]

Ruru the Cat here.  I've mentioned before that I like my water warm.  People keep trying to offer me old water (water that's been sitting out for longer than a few hours?  Just ew.)  People also offer me cold water (water that starts out cold is just not my thing.  Other cats can dig it, but that shows they just don't get it.)  No, no.  Water has to be warm, preferably hot, but food should never be because it may burn my tongue.  Don't ask me to explain.  That's just how it is.  I'm a cat, so I don't need to explain anything.  I do it because you obviously need the extra help.  I'm nice like that.

[Mmm.  That's the good stuff.]

But the best of all water is right in the tub.  And we're not talking fresh, hot water.  No no.  That's the inferior stuff.  I'm talking the warm water with an actual person in it.   No water is better.  I can't explain why.  The other cats look at me like I'm crazy.  Toothless, my brother and the only tolerable cat in the house, likes fresh water, dripping right out of the sink.  It's okay, but it's not how I like it.  Cass is often standing behind him, waiting for that dripping water.  Maya will take whatever water is presented.  No accounting for taste.  But I know the real stuff is the stuff with person in it.  I'll stand on the edge of the tub and wait for a person to get a clue, that I want the water dribbled out onto the edge of the tub, or if it's high enough, I'll lap it up right from their arm or near their arm.   Sometimes, she thinks she's sneaky and fills the bowl with fresh warm water from the tub.  Don't try to trick me.  I know the difference.  I can't describe how happy person soup makes me.  It's truly the best.  You should try it.  It's amazing. 

Yes, I am a predator.  How'd you know?  And stop looking at me like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment