Sunday, July 7, 2019

The Fourth of What? Weird Humans and Dogs

[Nothing to see here.]

Ruru the Cat here.  I'm glad I missed this part.  I'm actually thrilled I was allowed to sleep all day.  It's what my humans call "The Fourth."  The fourth what, I'm not sure.  They said something about Independence Day.  Humans may be independent for one day, but cats are ALWAYS independent.  Except at feeding time, but we won't talk about that.  Well, my people went over next door and brought a dog.  I'm looking at these pictures and realized the dog from here, Cali, was then confronted with that yetis that sometimes haunt my backyard.  Can I say how happy I was to stay home?  Here's silly Cali's take on it:

[Calli vs the yeti]

Oh, my gosh!  It was so exciting to meet up with two friendly dogs next door!  I was scared at first 'cuz they're BIG.  I mean REALLY BIG!  But then, it turned out they just wanted to sniff my butt.  They bounced around to play.  It was all very exciting.  

Me: Dogs have a very loose definition of the word "exciting," clearly. 

[kittens and dogs: nope]

But then, I went inside without the big, friendly doggies, and the people showed me little cats.  I mean, itty bitty ones that didn't do much but cry and crawl all over.  I wanted to get really close and maybe play with one a little, but the kitties hissed and spat and stuff.  I almost got the feeling they didn't want to play.  But I'm so cute.  Who wouldn't want to play with me?  I kept trying to get to them, but my mommy wouldn't let me.  I just wanted to chew on them and chase them and shake them a little.  It's how I make friends.  What's wrong with that?

Me: Gee, I wonder.  Get thee hence, dog. 

[Note the look of fear in those eyes.  So thankful I missed the explosions in the sky.]


Then, that night, we went out and and watched big explosions in the sky with light spreading everywhere.  Kaboom!  Kaboom!  My mommy kept telling me what a big girl I was for not barking every time it went kaboom.  I spent the whole time wondering how to chase all that light like I chase the little red dot at home.  It was so exciting!  I watched it carefully, making sure it didn't get anywhere it could hurt my mommy.  It kind of made the air smell funny, but I had a blast!

[What I was busy doing that day: NOT doing anything.  Zip.  Sleeping out the noise.]


Me: "Had a blast."  Pun clearly not intended because dogs aren't the sharpest marbles in the drawer.  Can I say again how thankful I was to sleep through that day?  Big noises, scary lights in the sky, and too many dogs and especially kittens are not my idea of a party.  Remind me to stay home whenever this happens again, too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment