Sunday, December 2, 2018

A Big, Scary World

[Weird pets.]

Ruru the Cat here.  Remember the cactus rat I mentioned?  Well, she's most insistent she wants to talk.  Really.  That's nuts.  Who ever heard of a rodent...rat...cactus...thing that can type?  But she's got all these spikes, and she scares me 'cuz I haven't figured out how to survive eating her.  So here she is.

[A home where I could be happy.]

I came here a couple of weeks ago, from a place I was happy in a cage I was happy with people that made me happy.  Here, there are scary smells EVERYWHERE.  And scary animals making scary smells. Like the cat I just had to chase away, so I could tell you about my plight.  The only place I am truly happy is in my cage that smells like me with my bowl full of cat food and worms and my wheel and my water bottle.  

Did you just say CAT FOOD?  They're feeding you MY food?  People are jerks.  You need to go.  Oh, crap.  Get those spikes away from me. 

Then, they even changed the cage out for a smaller one that crowds all my stuff in and does not smell like me. I curled up in my little hidey for two days because it was the only thing that smelled like me.  Even the blanket was wrong.  It was cold enough, I finally rearranged it to get warm.  


[Me, sitting and trembling because of nearby people.]

They grab me almost every night, and it scares me.  I just sit and tremble and hope my spikes scare them away.  I sometimes peek out, but then a big, scary animal will sniff me.  I even tried peeing on anyone who held me.  Didn't work.  

Well, then, last night, the person with the funny smells that usually grabs and holds me was wearing a warm, comfy blanket.  I wanted to rearrange it and make a new nest.  She felt like my mommy.  I got so excited climbing all over her.  I even found a little bump to try to chew.  She kind of screamed and dropped me, which scared me.  But I got up and chased all over her again.  I am super happy with that person if she's gonna feel like mommy.  


[Look at this weirdness.]

Yeah, I heard the scream when my person's mommy got bitten in an awkward place. It was heelarious.  Looked like the cactus rat was trying to nurse like a baby.  I about died.  As long as this cactus rat doesn't climb all over me or try to bite me in awkward, painful places.  Man, people have weird taste in pets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment