Sunday, December 3, 2017

What Is this Christmastime Stuff?

                                                        (Missing: One Obnoxious Sister)

Ruru the Cat here.  This has been a very strange week.  My person left for a couple of days (again!), but that was the least of the weirdness.  At least I didn't get locked in her room.  

One very strange thing that happened was Baby, one of my sisters, disappeared.  It's not like we've ever been close.  She tends to like to hide away in someone's bedroom for hours at a time and only condescends to show up to beat someone up to steal their food.  Something is not right with that cat.  But what can you do with a nutty sister? Well, someone did something because I haven't seen her in days.  Someone said something about giving her away to a man and his son who needed a mouser, but our people wouldn't do that, would they?  And if they did it to her, couldn't they do it to the rest of us?  I'm disturbed by this.  But maybe it's not such a bad thing she's gone.  Who needs sisters, anyway?  Especially ones with bad breath and claws.  

(Merry Christmas?)

Okay, but enough of the super serious stuff.  I keep hearing about this thing called "Christmas."  I still don't have the slightest idea what it's about, but I'm not sure if I approve.  I am noticing strange stuff around my house.  Like a little house thing they won't let me play with, cinnamon-smelling stuff (I HATE cinnamon--nothing spoils milk or any other yummy stuff faster than cinnamon), and a lot of turkey leftovers that get shared with us.  So most of that is just not good for us cats.  Except the turkey.  Turkey is my favoritest thing in the world other than steak and mice.  


But this amazingly wonderful thing has happened.  They brought back our JUNGLE GYM, that wonderfully glorious green thing that looks like an evergreen tree and smells like plastic.  But it's got all these great branches to climb on, all these shiny things to attack and knock off.  Not even kidding.  It's the best thing in the WORLD!!!  It makes up for weird disappearances of my people and then Baby.  It makes up for that cinnamon stuff that stinks up my whole house.  It makes up for everything.  The world is a glorious place with my jungle gym in it.  You should get one for your cats. It might help them almost tolerate you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment