Monday, December 25, 2017

This Christmas Stuff

(My jungle gym!)

Ruru the Cat here.  I'm still not sure what to make of this Christmas stuff.  I still love my funny-looking, tree-shaped jungle gym with all the sparkly stuff on it, but everything else is a mixed bag. 

(Mmmm.  Meat!)

There have been wonderful things like when my person's mom trotted out a plate full of meat and shared some with me.  That was a slice of heaven. 

(Boxes and wrapping paper...the stuff of legend.)

There have been other good things, tempered only by crazy human behaviors.  They keep chasing us away from that lovely jungle gym and from a pile of wrapped stuff.  Let me tell you, that paper they use shreds nicely.  Who cares about the human stuff inside, when I can rip into the paper and sit in the boxes?  But the crappy part of it was after chasing us away, then they went right to the tree this morning and ripped open that paper themselves.  How is that fair? 

Okay, but that wasn't the really bad stuff.  That was just the good stuff that people wouldn't let us touch.  The really horrific stuff is yet to come.  My person turned me into a doll in what she called a "one cat pageant."  You may want to look away if you're easily upset. 

(She put this horrible thing on me and called me "Mary," whatever that is." 

(In this thing, she called me "Joseph."  Weird.)

(She wrapped me tightly in this blanket--which I didn't like at all--and called me Baby.  Baby was my obnoxious sister, not me.)


(She put this silly thing on me and called me a shepherd.  Who knows with humans.)

(She put this on me and called me a "Wise Man." Wise, I like.  But man is a human. That's an insult.)

(Meanwhile, the dumb dog, who doesn't mind getting dressed up, just got to look like this as a "sheep."  People don't make sense.)

I had just decided that this Christmas stuff was for the birds--or for crazy humans--when they trotted out the good stuff.

(The jacket so my person can haul me around in a pouch.)

(The treats, the jingly ball, and the fuzzy mouse-looking thing that smells like rabbit fur.)

I've decided that Christmas isn't all bad.  I mean, meat, toys, jungle gym, wrapping paper, treats, presents for me?  I'll forgive it.  This time.  




No comments:

Post a Comment