Sunday, October 9, 2016

TODDLERS....Shudder.



Ruru the Cat here.  I thought dogs were bad.  Not kidding.  I wish to issue an apology to dogs everywhere.  I have discovered something scarier than a dog.  We had two itty bitty humans show up.  Man, if I thought dogs and big people smelled bad, these itty bitty humans smelled much WORSE. One of those itty bitty humans didn't seem to move around much, but the other waddled around the whole house.  I heard a scary word applied to this new creature: TODDLER.

This toddler creature was terrifying.  He kept chasing around anything on four legs and patting them.  Hard.  Okay, so I've heard of worse.  Maya told me toddlers she knew would pick her up and drag her around, sometimes even landing on top of her or pulling her tail.  Nothing is worse than a toddler.  It could definitely have been worse.  He didn't chase all of us all of the time.  He had too much to do, running from room to room, banging loud things together, which hurt my ears, making all sorts of squawking noises, which also hurt my ears, and taking up the space we usually have to run around in.

On the bright side, he dropped bits of yummy stuff everywhere.  But I didn't get them.  I knew better than to actually show myself the WHOLE TIME, so that annoying puppy got them.  Then again, the puppy also got more attention.  Poor puppy.  And though the stuff that came with the itty bitty humans smelled interesting, I watched what happened.  When my brothers played around in and  stuff that smelled of these little bitty people, they got chased off by the big person who watched over these itty bitty people.  My whole house was used up by this toddler and the smaller version of him.

I have to say if I got anything out of this weekend, it's an appreciation for the stupidity and usefulness of puppies.  The puppy kept the toddler busy.  Okay, maybe I won't banish her to another planet.  Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment