Sunday, May 29, 2016

Person in Fur



I'm a cat, but I want it known that I'm a person in fur.  To make sure that is known to one and all, I have taken to doing humany things.  Like the other day, there was a cup of milk on the table.  I sat up at the table, like I usually do when everyone else is sitting there, and I drank from a tipped cup just like people do.  And let me emphasize that I do sit at the table when all the PEOPLE sit there because I am a PERSON in fur.  I get fed there like most of the cats don't.  I must emphasize this, so my place isn't endangered by that obnoxious puppy I mentioned last week.  Okay, so that stupid puppy sits at the table, too, and gets fed person food.  But I get the food FIRST.  I also sit nearby when cooking happens, so I can get the person food first.  I want it known that I am a person.  People don't get rid of other people, so if I'm a people, my place here is secure.

I know I sound a little insecure, but this whole puppy business is making me feel insecure.  Every time I want to sit by my person, there's that mutt taking up my spot.  They've caught me playing with her on occasion, but I'm thinking if I befriend her, they'll make sure and keep me.  It's just not fair that I found this wonderful person first, and now I have to share her with this mutt.  Sigh.  Maybe one day soon, I'll get used to the mutt, and everything will feel okay again.  In the meantime, I'm still going to work double time so they don't mistake me for just a regular cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment