Sunday, February 20, 2022

Scary Places

[My best buddy and my happy blanket]

Varya:  Hi.  I'm Varya. Ru said I could write in her blog. She even showed me how.  I think it's 'cuz she didn't wanna.  I went to two scary places with lots of smells.  I like smells, but not these. I like all the cats and dogs in my house because they're all my best friends.  Especially Wren and Phoenix.  They're AMAZING 'cuz they'll play with me and let me snuggle them.  

[How it feels to be outside a warm, fuzzy blanket; source]

My people put me in a box.  It wasn't so bad.  It smelled familiar, like me.  But then, they took me OUTSIDE.  That's scary because I've never lived there before.  It was cold.  I don't like cold.  I like to burrow under a blanket when it's cold.  I don't LIKE cold.  

[What a weird, smelly, loud box looks like: source]

Then, they put my little box in a weird-smelling big box with smells and loud sounds I didn't like at all.  I couldn't see much outside my little box.  Then, they took me into a big building and LEFT me there.  They left me.  With all those smells.  The people there did stuff to me, and I'm pretty sure I went to sleep.  When I woke up, I didn't feel good at all, and my belly was naked and had a painful line up the middle.  I was so happy to get home.  I just slept on my people all day.  

[Wow, Ru knows EVERYTHING.]

Ru: Yeah, kid, we've all been through it.  It's called getting fixed.  It doesn't make sense because we're not broken before, but we sure feel broken after.  I can't explain it.  It just sucks.  I hope it doesn't happen to me again.  

[I don't like it; source]

Varya: Huh.  Weird.  Then, the next day, I got dragged off in the box again, back into the bigger box with loud sounds and lots of smells.  Then, they took me to ANOTHER building.  I was so worried they'd leave me there.  But strangers poked and prodded me and stuck me with something.  Then, my people left with me.  I felt so much better when I got home. 

Ru: I hear you, kid.  Yeah, that's the vet.  People just periodically get the random idea we want to go there and get stuck with needles.  I don't get it.  I think it's just because humans are sick and twisted.  

[I like bouncing off EVERYTHING.]

Varya: Man, I hope none of that ever happens again.  Now, I'm feeling better.  I want to bounce off everything and kill everything in sight. I'm so happy I'm home.  

Ru: Makes one of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment