Sunday, February 13, 2022

Everybody Likes Her (not me)

[That annoying kitten wins everyone over.]

Ruru the Cat here. Bugs me. That new kitten has made friends (or at least peace) with every warm-blooded thing in my house.  She's got all the humans wrapped around her tiny, little paw. Even MY person, whose room I ignore because it's too full of other cats. 

[Wren's a pushover, snuggling her like that.]

Varya first aggressively pursued being best buds with the annoyance called Wren.  He fell for her charms pretty quickly.  He gets anywhere near me, and I'd kill him. I tell him that regularly. 

[The boys fell pretty quickly to her charms, even my dumb brother.]

Then, Varya snuggled up to and played with the two big, black males.  They're everyone's best friend, so that's not too hard to achieve.  I tolerate my brother, Toothless, though I'll happily push him out of his spot if it's the one I want.  But if that huge Casper aka Dude gets anywhere near me, I tell him where he can stick it.  

[Phoenix and Wren don't reject her. Seriously.]

Varya worked double-time to win over Phoenix, the one-eyed wonder.  That was a tough one because Phoenix wanted her dead.  She kept acting shocked that there was a kitten in her spot.  Yeah, I used to lick Phoenix's ears, but not anymore.  She's getting too big and scary.  I mostly ignore her and hope she'll go away.  

[The enigmatic Paige, letting the kitten eat first.]

Same thing with Paige, though that huge, silent beast (who was my first kitten) now never leaves the room I never enter.  They aren't best friends, but Paige will let Varya eat the food first.  If Paige gets anywhere near me, I run the other way.  

[Grumpy Maya even puts up with her.]

Even grumpy old lady Maya, who will hiss and growl at me and chase me around, will ignore her while they both lay on the same person at the same time.  I can't stand Maya.  


[Me inviting her to leave.]

I've licked Varya's ears to remind her who's boss and will tolerate her presence because I'm nice.  I just won't let her share my cat tree if I can help it.  

[2 funny-looking parrots crammed on one shoulder.]

Even the dogs think she's amazing.  Bean plays with her all the time, though I think it's often to remind the kitten to stay away from his human. Varya doesn't understand that at all and thinks they're best friends. The dogs are all loud and annoying, but I let them live. 

[Look at me.  I'm beautiful and charming. Who needs anyone else?]

See, everyone likes her but not me.  I don't understand it at all.  I guess it could be because I can't stand them and don't hesitate to remind them all the time.  What does she have that I don't? 




No comments:

Post a Comment