Sunday, July 25, 2021

Celebrating Me!

[Demon Cats keep trying to muscle in on my birthday.]

Ruru the Cat here.  It was my birthday yesterday!  What does that mean?  Got me.  But the humans made a big deal of it.  They gave me amazing fishie crackers.  The really tall human male child sprinkled me with fishie crackers, as many as I could want, but I only took one.  Just to be contrary.  I've wakened my person in the middle of the night just to steal some.  Now, I could have as many as I wanted, so I only took the one.  I like to be unpredictable. 

[The good stuff.]

Then, they trotted out the good stuff, the meat. They shared a little bit with others, including my dumb brother who they said also had a birthday. Of course, he would steal my birthday.  Brothers.  But the biggest pile was for me.  Meat.  It was amazing. I lapped down every last nibble, so there was nothing left for that stinking Wren kitten to steal. 

[The best place for me--with my person.]

Also, my person spent some awesome time with me.  She mostly hides in her room, which has now been taken over by my rivals, including two enemy kittens.  I've had to mostly retreat to my person's mom's room to get some peace and quiet around here.  But last night, my person petted me nonstop for a long time.  It was amazing!

[My new favorite hobby, guarding my nip.]

And, maybe best of all, they brought in a pile of that lovely stuff called catnip.  We've been fighting over it ever since, rolling in it, brawling to have it, sleeping in it, just finding it to be the loveliest stuff.  Except the dumb little one-eyed kitten who can't seem to smell it.  What is wrong with that thing?  I've pretty much moved in under a chair next to the pile of the stuff.  Who needs to hide in the underwear drawer or in my person's mom's room, when I can sit next to the pile of heaven?  Can I have my birthday every day?



No comments:

Post a Comment