Sunday, November 3, 2019

The Monster in the Basement

[The scary monster.]

Ruru the Cat here.  Just when I think my people can't stoop any lower, they go and do this.  They brought ANOTHER cat into MY house.  It's my house.  I did not give them permission. It's my house, not yours.  I own it.  I claimed it, so it's mine.  And you, traitors, let another cat in here.  What, aren't four cats wayyyy too many cats already because all you need is me?

[How I feel when there are no strangers in my house--comfy and happy.]

I keep hearing that monster meow down there, every time MY people get anywhere near that room it's in.  Then, they actually go in there and pet it, coming out smelling just like the monster (which is is NOT welcome in my house).  It sounds small, like I could shred it with my claws tied behind my back.  Not that I would because I keep fantasizing about shredding it, and it would be hard to shred it with my claws tied anywhere.

[Me, the forlorn kitty in from the cold the cold.]

Here's a note it sent out under the door:

Silvy: I was hungry and feeling really heavy with babies growing inside.  My mommy died when I was very little, and then I was on my own.  I had to figure out how to hunt scrawny little mice, but I'm not very good at it.  Mom died too early to teach me much about hunting.  But I did okay.  I survived, anyway.  Then, it got cold really fast.  I was having a hard time finding food.  Then, the big male found me.  I was sure I was going to die.  Instead, well, I'm now big, heavy, and have babies growing inside.  And I couldn't find enough food for all of us.  I remember that a few times, I survived by eating food humans put out for me.  So I sought out humans. 


[Scary, mean dogs.]

And they fed me meat.  It gave me hope I may survive.  Except then, they dragged me into their scary house.  I'd never been in a person's house before.  It was terrifying.  I tried to jump back out, but they'd closed the door.  Then, they stuck me in a box and dragged me to another house that smelled like lots of cats and mean dogs.  I thought I was going to die, surrounded like I was in predators.  I hid in a tiny space under the desk, but then I was too big to get out.  I'm just not used to being so big.  But then, the people kept giving me food and love, and I've decided I really like this love stuff.  I just can't get enough of people.  I want them to stay down here and love me.  If only they'd just stay instead of going back to the other cats and scary dogs. 


[Don't let the thing through the door.]

Not on you life, sister.  They're my people, not yours.  My house.  Get thee hence.

No comments:

Post a Comment