Sunday, May 12, 2019

Incredible(ish) Journey

[Meet two dumb dogs, Willow and Marty.]

Ruru the Cat here.  I hear my people's relatives had their dogs disappear recently.  I would see that as good news, but their silly humans cried.  Waste of good tears.  Now, if it was a cat that disappeared, I can see losing tears.  Anyway, Marty, their Grand Pyrenees pup, wanted me to share his report of their crazy field trip.

Marty: You just can't believe what we've been through.  You can't believe it.  

Me: You ran away and got scared once you couldn't find home?

Marty: Yeah.  How'd you know?  We were sitting and sitting and sitting there, chained to a steak thing.  I've only had steaks taste good, so when they talked about steaks and stuff, I thought it would be yummy.  Nope, it was just a piece of metal they stuck in the ground to hold our chains.  

That's a stake, dumb dog.  Spelled differently.

[Chained up!  Source]


Marty:  It didn't taste good and wasn't any fun.  We waited and waited and waited for our people to come back, but then I figured they'd NEVER come home.  

Ruru: Let me guess.  They were gone five whole minutes before you got bored.


Marty: It was a LONG five minutes.  Very long.  So, Willow and I decided we had to break free and find them, or they could be gone FOREVER.  We were sure they were lost and gone and needed our help to find home.  So be ran and broke the steak out of the ground.  

Ruru: Stake.  


[Running and running and running through streets-Source]


Marty:  Yeah, that.  And then we ran and ran down the streets looking for our people.  We couldn't find them ANYWHERE.  We looked and looked.  We looked around store fronts and through the streets.  We were joined together with our chains and the stake thingy, so we were always together.  It was exciting and fun!  Until we figured out we were totally lost and couldn't find our way home.  

Ruru: And this is why I don't believe in leaving my house.  Only a moron would leave when you can't find your way home.   Or at all, really.  Home is good.  It's where your food dish is. 

Marty: And toys.  And people.  All I could think of was how much I missed my people and my house and my food.  Mostly my food.  

[A hand reaches out, but it's the wrong hand.  Source]


Marty:  Then, some nice people called to us and took us into their yard.  I was sure they were going to get us to our house when they looked at our tags.  But they didn't.  We just sat there and listened to them plan what to do with us.  And they didn't once say anything about getting us home.  It didn't sound good.  But we were stuck there for three whole days.  I was sure my people would forget about me and run out and buy another dog to eat my food and play with my toys.  I was so sad.  I whimpered the whole time.  So very sad.  Then, one day, they forgot to lock the gate!  And we were running free again!  


[home at last!]


Someone picked us up after that, and I was afraid they were going to take us to that wrong house, but they didn't.  They called our people, and our people took us home!  And no other puppy had stolen my bed or my food or my toys!  My people were there to hug me and love me!  I was so happy!  

Moral of the story.  Don't be a dog.  And if you're going to be a dog, don't be a stupid dog.  And, above all, just stay home.  






No comments:

Post a Comment