Sunday, April 14, 2019

Ah, Man!

[A cat's view of heaven: papers to destroy, cats to play with, and mice to hunt.]

Ruru the Cat here.  You just don't know what a thrill it is to stalk a mouse!  Unless you had the wisdom to be born a cat, you can't even dream of the joys of the hunt, of sinking your teeth into its soft side, of throwing it into the air and having it flee for its life, knowing you can catch it again at any time!  Oh, such fulfillment!  One is never so very much a cat as when one is killing something.  So very satisfying. 



This week, we found one, a young one.  Three of us chased it in and around one of the big machines humans occasionally use to walk in place without actually going anywhere.  It mostly sits there, gathering dust, so I'm not sure what its purpose is except to play into a human's need to feel like he/she is doing something, without actually having to do something.  Anyway, the three of us chased the thing all around and under the Pointless Machine.  Then, that little furry entertainment system disappeared into thin air.  None of us could smell it, hear it, or see it.  It didn't make any sense.  Until one of the humans started shaking this backpack, and it came flying out!  Oh, what an adventure! 

[Isn't he precious?  My precious?  He's not looking at me, just like I didn't get to see what happened to him.]

Except, then, my human nabbed me.  She lured me with snacks.  I always fall for that trick.  Then, she squirreled me away into one of those bedrooms, and I never got to see how the hunt ended.  Drat!  Or, rather, Dmouse!  Talk about anticlimactic!  I wish I could tell you what happened to the bringer of joy, but I never saw.  I imagine Toothless ate it when he tired of it, though he wouldn't admit it.  I'll just let Toothless find another one, so I can steal it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment