Sunday, April 21, 2019

Eggs on My Head

[There is nothing funny about taking a cat's nap.]

Ruru the Cat here.  Seriously.  Humans find the weirdest things funny.  I was sitting there--okay, laying there trying to sleep--minding my own business, when my human decided to wish me a "Happy Easter" (whatever that means) by covering me in plastic eggs.  Repeatedly.  I kept wishing she'd leave me alone.  She'd take the eggs off and put them back on again in some new configuration.  

[Okay, I can handle that.]

Now, I've researched this Easter egg stuff.  I've also seen my humans wandering around my house, looking for egg-shaped plastic things with nasty sweet and citrusy stuff in them.  And I still don't get it.  What's the point?  I mean, why hide the brightly colored objects even a blind kitten can see and smell, and why, then, bother to look for something that doesn't squeak or run away?  When a cat hunts, she hunts with a purpose.  To kill.  Duh.  Whatever other purpose can there be?  And, somehow, in spite of eggs coming from a bird,  there's supposed to be a rabbit involved.  Cracked me up when that goofy dog I live with got stuck wearing bunny ears, but it's just not cool when you do it to a cat.  

[Why?  Just why?]

Humans just don't make sense.  I'm not sure why we cats try to figure you humans out at all.  Mostly, it just gives us a headache.  'Cuz you keep putting crazy crap on our heads.  

No comments:

Post a Comment