Sunday, March 25, 2018

The Spot

                            [Me receiving the proper amount of worship, which I get in my spot.]

Ruru the Cat here.  You know that spot, the spot in the house everyone wants.  THAT spot.  In this case, it's that chair where my person's mom sits most of the day.  Sometimes, my person is even there. It's soft.  All the people want it.  But more importantly, all animals in the house know it's where you sit to get body heat and lovings all day long.  All you have to do is set there, and life is wonderful.  That hand will automatically find you.  That's also a great spot to sit when treats are given out.  It's my spot, regardless of what anyone else tells you.  I claim that spot forever. 
                                                                     [Me in the spot.]

Yet some animals around here don't understand that it's my spot.  Mine.  Not theirs.  First off, my person keeps locking me where I can't get to The Spot.  That means Twix and Dodger have first dibs, and it's not fair.  Secondly, the other cats in my house get the upstart idea that they can steal my spot, get my lovings, take my treats.  Just because I'm not in it doesn't make it any less mine. 
                                              [Me, reminding Twix this is not his spot.]

Sometimes, I'll get in here, and that pill Twix will be sitting in my spot.  Of course, I have to show him who's boss by sitting on him.  But it really drives me nuts when he thinks he can do that to me.  It's MY FETCHING SPOT.  Mine.  It also drives me nuts when he tries to tell me he's boss by licking my butt.  Now, it would be great if I felt this were a worshipful gesture, but I get the feeling he's doing it to try to intimidate me.  It won't work.  'Cuz the spot is mine.  You can't have it.  Twix can't have it.  NOBODY can have it.  It's mine.  And don't you forget it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment