Sunday, March 11, 2018

Cannibals!

 (Meat!)

Ruru the Cat here.  I just don't know how to write about such a ghastly topic.  My people have done something horrible.  They went off to a wild game night.  They ate a whole plate of meat of every description from elk to bacon to beef to bacon to fish to bacon to deer sausage to bacon without my help.  They all smelled so strongly of meat that I about died when they didn't even bring me a tiny piece.  They shared with the dog but not me. 

(Their victim!)

But that's not the truly horrible, dreadful, unspeakable part.  The truly unspeakable part is my people came back talking about having eaten cat.  Bobcat, but still.  And they said they did it before, a cougar.  Seriously?  I don't care that my person's mom said it tasted like chicken rolled in litter box and was so foul she wanted to throw up, that it tasted so strongly of a gamy flavor she could scarcely get one tiny bit down.  I don't care that they didn't know what it was until it was too late.  I don't care about any of that.  They ATE CAT.  Seriously?


(My nightmares this week.)

I just don't know how to handle this news.  How can you trust people who would eat your species?  I'm afraid to go to sleep.  What if they decide they like chicken rolled in litter box?  I'm afraid I'll wake up one of these days, and a person will be looming over me with a fork and sauce.  I don't think I'll sleep a wink all week.

I wonder if they have a piece left.

No comments:

Post a Comment