Sunday, October 1, 2017

Scoutie's a Whiner


Ruru the Cat here.  I know I'm always talking about Scoutie as a whiner, but this time, I'm not kidding.  I know he's my brother.  I couldn't love him any more if he were a succulent mouse giving chase (speaking of which, I got one this week, and it was delicious.)  But seriously?  He's spent ALL WEEK LONG inside, outside, inside, outside, whining as if he were a lost soul, absolutely not sure what to do with himself.  Come on, bro, act like a cat.  Just 'cuz your people left you doesn't mean it's the end of the world.  Okay, fine.  Here's the keyboard.  People out there, prepare for serious whining.  

Fine, tease me, Ru.  You just don't get it.  Even when your people are gone, you know they're coming back any time.  And they will.  Well, about two weeks ago, my people just up and left me here with Ruru's people.  They LEFT ME.  They were here almost all the time then they weren't.  They even cleared out their house.  I found it comforting that my people's dog was here for a while, but then, they took her, too.  Yes, they come back on occasion, but I just don't know what to think.  This is not supposed to happen to me.  

When I sit outside, all I can think of is how my people aren't here to appreciate my efforts to teach them how to be mousers.  I leave my dead mice around, but they aren't around to ooh and aahh at my mousing prowess.  And it's cold and wet.  My people always let me in when it was cold and wet.  

But then I go inside Ruru's people's house, and there are all these crazy animals with all their weird smells.  My people just aren't anywhere to be found.  I just feel so lost, so alone.  I howl when I'm inside because I want out to find my people.  I get out, and I'm so lonely without my people.  You just don't get it, Ru.  I suffer.  

See?  What did I tell you?  Scoutie's such a drama queen.  Such a baby kitten.  

No comments:

Post a Comment