Sunday, September 24, 2017

Weird Happenings


Ruru the Cat here.  Weird things are going on this week.  I can't quite figure them out.  For one thing, that great, big white dog showed up in our backyard.  That's way too close for a big, big dog.  She could actually touch me or sniff me or something, all of which would be totally unacceptable.  I'm in charge here, so you'd think someone would tell me.  I heard that she broke her chain and went running down the road, but this doesn't seem like a bad thing.  She could leave, and then I wouldn't have a big white dog in my backyard.  


Then there's the fact that this cat I sort of remember as my brother keeps showing up in the house.  Five cats are too many already in my space.  I don't want a sixth showing up, eating my food and growling at me.  I think I remember liking him, but now he's just so grouchy all the time.  He goes out sometimes.  Not sure why he doesn't stay there.  He shows up the most when it's raining.  He whines when he gets wet then whines about all the funky smells around here.  If you ask me, he's the funky one.  Brothers are funky by nature.  


Then there's the worst thing of all. MY room, the one in which I hang out with my person all the time, has been cleared of EVERYTHING.  There's nothing soft to snuggle on.  All the furniture and everything has been removed.  I keep hearing something about new paint and carpet, but I'm not sure what it all means.  Then, all these big wooden objects showed up.  Not sure what they are, though they're great to sit on.  Some of them even have shelves, so several of us cats can perch on them at the same time.  Now, the best part of this is the big, interesting-smelling mattressy thing leaning against the wall.  We cats love this thing.  We can scale it and climb all over it and sit where dogs can't reach us.  It's awesome.  I just wish I knew what all of this meant.  



No comments:

Post a Comment