Sunday, September 10, 2017

Dog Confusion


Ruru the Cat here.  So I was almost getting used to the big, obnoxious, slobbering, obnoxious, annoying, loud, bouncy, energetic--did I mention obnoxious?--dog, Izzy.  Almost used to is not the same thing as liking, mind you.  I could tolerate when she ate from my...I mean her...bowl.  I never did get used to the way she'd come into our space downstairs, steal our food, and sometimes get into our litterbox.  I sometimes let her sniff me, but I never let her play with me.  Ever.

Anyway, so I'm not sure where she went today, but she went somewhere.  And then this other THING showed up.  It's much smaller and less bouncy.  It looks and smells a lot like our resident brainless throw rug dog wannabe, Dodger.  It almost seems SCARED of me.  I can hiss or scratch at it, and instead of jumping in to try to eat my head like Izzy may have, this new thing backs up and whimpers.  I don't like how it clings to my person.  This is MY person, not its person.  But I like that I can scare it.  I like that a lot.  I wonder how the house is going to change with TWO brainless dog wannabes in the house.  And I hope Izzy takes her time in coming back.  'Cuz she's obnoxious.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment