Sunday, July 16, 2017

Drowning in People

                                                   (How my house felt this week)

Ruru the Cat here.  I like my quiet life.  I get up in the morning, usually laying next to my person to make sure she doesn't leave me.  I spend my day dodging most other people and waiting for my person to snuggle me or play with my ears.  If she ignores me for too long, I have to seek out love from someone else.  That bugs me, but even my wonderful person can't be perfect all the time.  Then she feeds me, tucks me in at night with my stuffed snow leopard, and we go to sleep.  I, of course, get bored and usually slip out to play with other cats.  It's a great life.

Until other people intrude.  This weekend, there was a whole house full of outsiders bringing in their funky smells, especially the funky dog and cat smells.  They tried to chase me down and play with me WITHOUT permission.  They wanted to haul me around.  And they weren't even my person.  It was a NIGHTMARE.  This is my house.  I did not let them in.  How do these outsiders keep creeping in and stealing my peace?  I like it quiet.  I like it when it's just me and my person and some spares to keep me company when my person is doing the wrong thing (not playing with me).  I'm the center of the world.  I should be able to set the rules.  And rule number one is EVERYBODY but my person, keep OUT!



No comments:

Post a Comment