Sunday, December 25, 2016

A Funky Kind of a Day



Ruru the Cat here.  So today was weird.  First thing in the morning, my person and her brother came down to look at these things on my sofa, taking up my space.  I left a gift for them that was way better than the random stuff on the sofa, but they didn't seem to like my dead vole.  Instead, they said something about Santa Claws, whatever that is, and got all excited about the stuff on the sofa.  It didn't seem to matter much.  The bacon they broke out a short time later, however, was much more interesting, especially when they gave me bits of it.

Then all the people in the house--including some big people I don't know well who showed up late last night with two little ones, including a toddler--gathered around my jungle gym that looks like a tree.  I was happy to see they weren't taking down my beloved shiny green jungle gym, but they did something almost as bad: take our lovely paper-covered play things from under the jungle gym and pass them out.  They've been getting mad at us every time we rip into the paper on those play things.  But now the PEOPLE ripped into the paper.  How's that fair?  We get in trouble for it.

Anyway, we just stayed out of their way and hoped they wouldn't take down our awesome gym.  It all worked out in the end, I guess, except the paper covered stuff is all gone.  It got better when they handed me something, a fur-covered fake mouse.  I can tell it's fake because it smells like rabbit, not mouse.  But then the dumb dog took it and played it to death.  I'm not sure I like this weird day.  The ham bits they gave me from the table later almost made up for it, but overall, I just don't think this holiday business makes any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment