Sunday, December 11, 2016

Gone!




Ruru the Cat here.  My person was gone this whole weekend.  The whole one!  I didn't have the heart to play with my favorite jungle gym, that fake tree thing with all the sparkly stuff on it.  It's more fun when there are people to react to my killing stuff.  I tried to appreciate that the dogs couldn't pester us because they were locked away for the weekend, but I couldn't.  Because my person was GONE.  She was there, running around, putting stuff in bags and packing up toys and then she was out the door.  I knew she would come back that night.  She had to.  Baby kept teasing me that my person wouldn't come back at all.  When my person didn't come back that night, I was beside myself with fear that she was right.  I waited and waited.  She had to come back.  She just had to.  But she didn't.

The next day, I sat by the door the whole day.  Baby seemed a little down.  I suppose that's because she looks forward to her ten minutes of love every morning and has even gotten a little needy of late.  She sometimes lets people pet her outside of those ten minutes.  Our brother, Scoutie, who has gone home with his people came for a visit.  It's always fun to have him back, but even that didn't cheer me up because he, too, was sitting by the door, waiting for his people.  Toothless was just pitiful, moping around and waiting for his person.  It's a little hard to tell what's going on with Maya because she keeps to herself.  But when my person didn't come back the third day, I knew something was up.  Something had to be.  My person wouldn't abandon me for so long.



I had just given up hope when my person came back!!!  There she was, and she didn't even grab me first thing.  I had to tolerate one of the other people holding me and touching me, but I was happy to do it.  I missed my daily loves.  But then my person did finally grab me and hold me!  I didn't even pretend to try to get away or struggle or anything like I do when she just puts me on her lap and ignores me.  She's back, and I'm in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment