Sunday, March 22, 2020

Stuck with Puppies

[Me pointedly ignoring the little pest in the lefthand corner.]

Ruru the Cat here.  I hear the world is on lockdown.  Don't know what that's all about.  All I know is my person has been around a lot, which is great, but also that I've been up to my eyeballs in puppies for the last two weeks.  I hear it had something to do with their mom going into something called "heat," but none of it makes any sense to me.  All I know is that every time I turned around, there the loud, yappy things were, locked in with ME in MY room.

[Dumb Sylvie actually encourages them by playing with them.]

And here's the worse problem still: they like me.  Well, they like cats in general, in spite of my best efforts to show them we cats can't stand dogs, especially of the young variety.  Few things in life are worse than bouncy, enthusiastic puppies jumping all over you.  I claw at them, hiss at them, and just generally tell them to buzz off, but they keep bouncing back.

[Why does she like them when she has me?]

And my person likes them.  Seriously?  When she has me?  Why would she find a dog's company at all desirable after she's basked in the glory of a cat?  Now, it could be worse.  She could do this to me.


[Human clothes!  Bah!]

Or this.

[Shudder.  I hate this caterpillar costume.  See the other clothes they were thinking of trying on her?  Glad it's not me.]

Or this.


[The hairballs sleep in there at night.  Just no.]

So on the bright side, I can just watch her do this to them and laugh myself sick as they try to struggle their way out.  Finally, just these last few days, my person has finally let them out of my room.  Maybe it has something to do with the nasty, doggy smell in the house fading.  One way or another, it's a relief to mostly have my room to myself (and MY person).  Now, if only I could find some puppy repellant, some way to keep them out for good.  Or maybe I can grow some thumbs.  But that would mean I'd have to become a human, stuck wearing person clothes all the time.  Never mind.  I'm good being a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment