Monday, December 23, 2019

Unmerry Christmas

[This is me, Marty, in a picture from a few months ago.]

This is Marty, one of Ruru's "yetis."  I figured since she left her blog open, I'd sneak in.  It's been a really rough week for we dogs who sometimes stay in Ruru's backyard.  Ruru won't even tell you about how big and cute her family's puppies are getting or how worried her family has been that our suffering would spread to them.  

[My beloved family before all of this began]


Last Sunday, Ruru was excited to see us gone.  Well, what she wouldn't tell you is the day after my children found what they thought would be their forever families, one after another got sick with a terrible disease the humans call "parvo."  It broke my heart when I heard how two of them threw up blood and then had to be put down.  I'm not sure what put down means, but it sounds bad.  I've seen one of my sons get better and my daughter avoid the disease entirely.  I heard another son got better.  I'm happy about all that, but I've decided it's time for all of them to move on.  I just want it to be me and my mate.  It's time.  I don't even want my son in my yard anymore.  I'm not sure why he came back from his new home.  

[My beautiful mate and me.]

Except midweek, a day after the terrible news about my boys came to us, my darling Willow ran away.  I heard that she got "hit" by a "car," but I'm not sure what all that means.  I just know she never came back.  It was so much fun to go running with her before the puppies came.  That was a blast.  I figured when she went running away, she'd always come back.  She's always come back.  She raised me then had my puppies.  She's been the light of my life.  Why wouldn't she come back?  Did I do something wrong?  I howled all day to call for her, but she didn't come.  And now, I don't feel well either.  I threw up last night.  I'm not sure why.  I just hope I don't throw up blood because that sounds bad.  I just wish we could be one happy family again.  At least, me and my mate.  Why can't we do that?  

[Remind me how all this is my problem.]   


Ruru the Cat:  Dangit.  The dumb yeti got to my computer before I could.  I was just stealing my person's goldfish crackers, then I was gonna get right on and tell you about the nightmare of the toddlers showing up and taking over my house again.  I guess I'm gonna have to do that next week.  Oh, and can I say once again I'm happy to NOT be a dog?   'Cuz it sounds like it sucks to be a yeti. 

No comments:

Post a Comment