Monday, December 9, 2019

Game of Trees

[Behold, my beloved Jungle Gym]

Ruru the Cat here.  Every year, I look forward to the opportunity to run in and out and up and down my favorite jungle gym, the big, green, tree-shaped thing that smells nothing like a tree but is covered in happy, shiny baubles I can kill.  They call it a Christmas tree, but that's a meaningless phrase.  It's not a tree, and what the flip is something called Christmas to a cat?  Well, this year, I've scarcely gotten to climb in my beloved jungle gym at all.  Everyone else seems to beat me to it.  

[Even Toothless, my beloved or at least tolerated, brother gets into the game]

Every time I go to kill me some ornaments, some other cat is already doing it.  It's just not fair.  Worst of all, that monster in the basement, Sylvie, gets into the game.  In fact, she's laid claim to not just downstairs but also upstairs.  She sits triumphantly on "Queen Maya's" throne, the table, lording over that tree, climbing in the tree, doing whatever she wants to MY JUNGLE GYM.  If anyone tries to step on that table or touch that tree when she's  out of her room, she challenges them with her loud yowl, threatening us all.  She'll brawl with whoever it is if they don't bow.  Even Maya backs off, and she never backs off to me.  What kind of beast did my people bring in here?  It's my house!  I was here first!  Okay, first if you disregard Maya, which I'd much prefer to do.  All I can do is hide in a corner and stare with longing at my beautiful jungle gym.  It's just not fair.  I'm supposed to rule the house, not Maya, and certainly not Sylvie.  Anytime I ask Cass what she thinks, she hisses and cowers.  Maybe it's because any time I look at her, I'm usually trying to kill her.  She's scared of her own shadow.  Seriously, cats, why can't you be more like Cass?  Don't you see how I'm the victim here?  My house.  My jungle gym.  Mine.  


No comments:

Post a Comment