Sunday, July 8, 2018

The Fourth of Something

(person sharing joy-of-the-mouth)

Ruru the Cat here.  I know why people have nasty mouths (my person sticks my face in her mouth as if I'm some kind of human dentist regularly, so I should know).  People eat weird stuff.  I mean, really weird stuff.  So a few days ago, when everyone was wearing red, white, and blue (yes, we can see colors; no, we don't care--not sure what people's fixation is with such things 'cuz it doesn't help you hunt) and talking about "fireworks" and "the fourth" (the fourth what?  Who cares?), my people brought home a lovely plate of yumminess from breakfast out of the house.  It had eggs, bacon, and ham that my person happily shared with me.  That part was fabulous.

(just ew.)

But why did they have to sully such a lovely plate with nasty potatoes?  I don't care how they're cooked.  They're still nasty.  Kind of like just about anything green that isn't lettuce, which people also eat.  And my person wanted me to sample everything.  When I saw the cup, I got excited because I was thinking, "Milk!  Heaven!"  But no, it had this terrible-smelling orange stuff inside that made me want to vomit.  What in the world is that all about?  Who would put such rotten-smelling stuff in their mouth?  But my person did and wanted me to sample it!  Seriously?  How can my person be so smart about so many things and not know how yucky it smells?

(I've seen a lot of pictures like this around, but not sure what it is.  Sure doesn't look pleasant.)

Then, they all left for hours and hours until long after it was dark outside, and when they came back, they all smelled like meat (yum--but they didn't bring me any--boo!) and this really terrible smell like gunpowder or something.  It was all over them, like they'd been blowing stuff up.  I hate to think what they were eating to make that smell.  I just don't get people at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment