Sunday, May 20, 2018

One (Slightly Used) Mouse for Sale

(Toothless doing his noble duty to get me a mouse.]

Ruru the cat here.  It's been one awesome week.  Day after day, Toothless has caught one or two mice.  I wonder if it has anything to do with this spring stuff, or if we've just hit the lottery.  Some weeks, we can't find even one.  My brother is really good at catching them.  It's too much work for me.  I'll get all excited about hearing and smelling a mouse and wait around for a little while, but then they don't do much.  It gets kinda boring.  But Toothless will stick it out, get wherever the mouse is, and then play it to death.  He's awesome that way. 

[Me, showing Toothless I appreciate his gift.]

And sometimes, he spends the whole time keeping them to himself, growling at anyone who gets anywhere near.  Yeah, sometimes he's a jerk.  Just because I lose patience doesn't mean I don't WANT them.  Well, this week, he caught so many, he let me play with them a while.  Usually, somewhere between where it finally stops squeaking at him and before he beheads them.  Yeah, I find it kind of gross, too.  I like to kill them but leave them all put together.  They look more like a toy that way.  But anyway, so he let me play with a few of them.  He even let me haul some of them around. 

(Now, I share it with you.  Be impressed.)

But then I'd get bored and just sort of leave them where people could find them.  I mean, I'm done using them, Toothless is off chasing another, and my people are really terrible mousers.  They need to learn how it's done.  And how better than to leave them a present like that?  Yeah, I'm that awesome.  I love them so much that I know you'll love them, too.  'Cuz I'm sweet like that.  I'm waiting for your thanks.  Yeah, you're welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment