Sunday, January 14, 2018

Yeti in my Backyard



Ruru the Cat here.  So there's this thing that's invaded my home turf, and I don't like it at all.  I'm pretty sure it's a dog 'cuz it smells like a dog.  But it's big.  Huge.  And it scares me.  I vaguely remember a big black dog scaring me out of my wits in my own house.  I think this thing has been here before.  But it's big and white and looks like it blends in with the snow back behind the house.  And it has huge feet that could stomp on me.

                                             (My dog-shaped lump bonding with the beast.)

It wouldn't be so bad if it stayed outside, but it comes in my house, sheds all over everything, and uses up the attention, love, and above all DOG FOOD that belongs to us cats and maybe those useless lumps my people call their own dogs.  But mostly, it belongs to the cats.  We've claimed it, so it's ours.  For instance, there was a lovely ham bone she ate all by herself.  She didn't share. 

                  (Too much hobnobbing with the enemy.  My cat family should know better.)

I keep reminding the others that this is our enemy, but the dogs and even the other cats have more or less accepted her into our little tribe here.  The dogs are super excited every time she's either in the house or out back.  I mean, they seem to want to jump on her even though they can't reach very far.  I don't get what's going on at all, though my people think it's pretty funny.  They say something about the boy dogs wanting to make puppies with this big, hairy monster.  I shudder at the thought because then there would be MORE of them.  But with the way those little dogs don't reach past her knees, I'm thinking we're safe on that account.

I just wish we could send this huge, slobbery throw rug back wherever she came from.  Or maybe wherever you find other yetis.  But I seem to be the only one with this logical, intelligent perspective.  In the meantime, I'll ignore her and try to eat up all the food in the house before she vacuums it up.  It's the least I can do to protect my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment